Woodson Terrace Comprehensive Plan
The City of Woodson Terrace has compiled a Comprehensive Plan.
The plan can be found below. This is a large file, download times will vary.
Vision and Goals are listed below, or click here for a pdf of the Goals and Objectives Document.
“The City of Woodson Terrace will be a community where small town atmosphere will provide the basis for integrated sustainability and development.”
· Distinct and identifiable community
· Orderly growth and development
· Promote economic & recreational opportunities
· High quality shopping & entertainment experiences
· Offer diverse (life cycle) housing types
· Provide multi-modal transportation options
· Environmental stewardship
· Attractive and healthy active living environment.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
GOAL - Encourage the development of healthy neighborhood and social environments that strengthen the community.
· Foster a safe, supportive and optimistic public environment.
· Maintain existing properties & neighborhoods.
· Provide a variety of housing choices with new development and redevelopment that integrates with existing housing
· Coordinate redevelopment proposals with existing neighborhoods and businesses to enhance property values and neighborhoods.
GOAL - Community development will concentrate on projects that will promote private investment through a collaborative framework for innovative land-use, development and revitalization along the City’s non-residential corridors.
· Attract commercial uses that stimulate and enhance existing commercial community.
· Create a vibrant business environment improving tax base leading to increased property values and investment potential.
· Coordinate planning of land use changes and conditional uses with transportation infrastructure with the development community and residents.
· Promote mix of land uses both horizontally and vertically in commercial corridors.
· Coordinate community development initiatives with adjacent cities and public entities.
GOAL - Ensure that transportation, public services and utilities are maintained and enhanced to meet the community’s present and future needs.
• Support Complete Streets and Great Street concepts in redevelopment and public improvement projects.
• Coordinate transportation improvements with regional entities and adjacent communities.
• Provide transportation and pedestrian connections from neighborhoods and commercial areas to recreation facilities.
• Ensure public services and utilities enhance health, safety and well being of residents, businesses and visitors
• Coordinate public services and utilities with neighboring cities and public entities.
GOAL – Ensure that parks, recreation, and community facilities are maintained and upgraded to enhance the quality of life within the City.
• Adequate recreational activities will be provided to meet the needs and preferences of all ages and walks of life.
• The City will engage the community a solicit input on facilities and activities that will be financed and supported by the city.
GOAL - Enhance the qualities and characteristics that represent a small town and establish the City of Woodson Terrace as a model of sustainable development practices.
• Create a unique identity that projects a positive image of the Woodson Terrace to the regional community.
• Implement sustainable Best Management Practices (BMP’s) in developments through policies.
• Implement sustainable BMP’s in public buildings and infrastructure improvements through policies and providing adequate city resources.